Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Clickfree Automatic Backup C6 2TB review

I have multiple computers and wanted an easy way to backup my systems.  I decided to try the Clickfree backup C6.
   With this I also upgraded my HDD's in the laptop.  My plan was to backup with the C6 and re-image to a new drive.
   Here's how it went:

   I unpacked the C6 and plugged it in- so far so good!  It auto started and made my first backup- total 6 hours for 650 GB drive.
   Nothing needed to done, it was all automatic.  Mind you I was skeptical about it backing up the OS while the OS is running since those files are in use.

   I installed my new HDD and rebooted using the USB Clickfree as a boot device...Voila! There it was and I was able to select advanced> re-image, and the wait ensued...

   Hours later came the moment of truth- unplug the USB for a reboot....  held my breath AND........
   There was windows!  There was my desktop, all programs, and even the tabs I last had open in Firefox.
   It completely cloned my drive and amazingly reimaged to the new drive, this couldn't be simpler!!!!
   I changed a few things and tested a re-backup, within 15 minutes it was done updating,

Conclusion:
   The Clickfree C6 is utterly amazing, I can't recommend it ENOUGH!  If you want an easy 1 step backup solution without headache.- this is it!!

  You may need to change BIOS to boot into USB, but this is simple- also I noticed that I have 3 USB ports, only one of them is the main where the clickfree was detected by BIOS.

If you want to order this-  here it is:

0 comments:

Post a Comment