Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cool free music cloud server

Do you use Spotify?  I have a cool free alternative.
   I wanted to have my music accessible anywhere on my phone and found an awesome application that stores up to 1,000 songs for free, and accessible anywhere!  They have a free app for Android through Google Play, as well as for Iphones through the Apple store.
  They are in Windows marketplace as well from Microsoft..

   I went ahead and upload my music and it worked seamlessly- no buffering or delays, just perfect streaming music.

What I found was- they say 1,000 songs but it seems to be based on file size-  I was able to get 325 mp3's in there which is 35 hours of music at 2.69GB before they said the cloud was full...  now mind you, some of my MP3's are merged albums with the whole CD in one MP3.
   Still 35 hours should be plenty for an average music buff, and you can always switch files around for variety.

If you have an android device and have more music you want to listen to, Google does allow up to 20,000 songs for free.
   I have this as well, and between the 2, if you have both you could theoretically upload the limit to Google and then upload any remaining songs to this other service.
 
https://play.google.com/music/

   I wanted to share with all my blog readers about this neat free software.  No frills, nothing extra, just the app and a simple player- you can make a playlist of the songs you want to play easily as well on your device.


It's called Style Jukebox and you can get it free here:
http://www.get-jukebox.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment