Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Oculus Rift

I received an Oculus Rift Developers kit as a free company sample for review.  When I received the package it was very well packed and comes in a nice plastic carrying case.
   Adrenaline was high as I took out the cords and got ready to fire it up, sweating with anticipation I plugged it in and was immediately immersed in what I loaded- the rift coaster (yeah, no fear lol)
   I started it up and felt as if I was moving.  The experience was intense as I moved my head around and looked at the environment.  I wasn't expecting what came next, although I read about this happening.....  nausea..... yep, time to take off the goggles and take it easy.   I was surprised that the experience was so intense I had that with me for a couple days!  (I think I plunged in too much all at once).
   After a couple days and my stomach back where it was supposed to be, I turned it on again.  This time I didn't have any sick feeling and was able to keep going.
   I tried out developer apps, alone in the rift, rift coaster, and my all time fave, Team Fortress 2 on Steam.
     The image quality was good, but an HD version is much anticipated, the quality is as if you were looking at your monitor close up and could see the graininess.
   Head tracking was awesome, and comfortability was ok, the headphones along with the headset are a bit much and I would like to see them implement speakers into the headset.
     This definitely has a future ahead of it, and I was highly impressed with just this first version that they introduced!
   If you are a consumer, definitely wait for a next model to come out and don't get the developers kit, you would be disappointed unless you want to have some fun!
 
   Looking forward to what you have next Oculus!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment